Posted: 12 February, 2018
Closes: 12 March, 2018
- Location Roseworthy SA (other locations negotiable)
- Fast paced, high performing culture
- Dedicated and specialised team
Australian Grain Technologies (AGT) is Australia’s largest plant breeding company with a focus on delivering field crop varieties with superior performance to Australian farmers. AGT has a vibrant team of breeders and researchers who use the latest technology to develop new plant varieties.
We are now seeking a plant breeder to work in our genetic improvement programme for barley.
This position provides a rare and exciting opportunity for you to extend your career in a dynamic and successful breeding company.
- Design, develop and co-manage AGT’s barley breeding programme including objective setting, breeding strategy and implementation.
- Coordinate and lead the application of molecular markers, genomic selection and advanced statistics within the AGT barley breeding programme
- Link with external researchers to ensure AGT is consistently adopting the best breeding science.
Qualifications and Characteristics
- Tertiary qualified in agricultural science or a related discipline and will preferably hold a PhD in plant breeding or related discipline
- A minimum five years previous experience in plant breeding, or a related discipline, is desirable
- High level knowledge of genomics and or molecular genetics
- Working knowledge of bioinformatics and or statistics
- Applicable knowledge in pathology and disease resistance, science and research
- Excellent communication skills, adept at developing strong interpersonal relationships, self-motivator, and an excellent time manager.
- A recognition of the importance of promoting a culture of work health and safety are essential
Applications close 12 March 2018
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia