Posted: 12 February, 2018
Closes: 12 March, 2018
- New state of the art, purpose built facility
- Fast paced, high performing culture
- Unique opportunity to work in new breeding programme
Australian Grain Technologies (AGT) is Australia’s largest plant breeding company with a focus on delivering field crop varieties with superior performance to Australian farmers. AGT has a vibrant team of breeders and researchers who use the latest technology to develop new plant varieties.
We are now seeking a plant breeder to lead and manage our genetic improvement programmes for Canola. This new role is based at our node in Roseworthy, South Australia and the successful candidate will report to the Head of Breeding.
This position provides a rare and exciting opportunity for you to extend your career in a dynamic and successful breeding company.
- Design, develop and manage AGT’s Canola programmes including objective setting, breeding strategy and implementation.
- Help to set the strategic direction of AGT breeding and research activities.
- Link with external researchers to ensure AGT is consistently adopting the best breeding science.
- Extend results to farmers, agronomists and researchers through electronic, written and oral communication pathways.
Qualifications and Characteristics
- Tertiary qualified in agricultural science or a related discipline and will preferably hold a PhD in plant breeding or related discipline
- A minimum five years previous experience in plant breeding, or a related discipline, is desirable.
- Knowledge of genetics, biometry, plant biology, and agronomy will be essential for success in this position.
- The successful applicant will have excellent communication skills, will be adept at developing strong interpersonal relationships, will be a self-motivator, and an excellent time manager.
- A recognition of the importance of promoting a culture of work health and safety are essential
Application close 12 March 2018
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia