Posted: 06 October, 2021
Closes: 31 October, 2021
- World class facility in Roseworthy, South Australia
- Training provided for the right candidate
- Small, dedicated and specialised team
Australian Grain Technologies (AGT) is a leading agricultural field crop research and development company with an established brand and market leading products. AGT is passionate about developing technologies that allow farmers to thrive and lead to a better nourished world. A high-performance culture, with a strong growth objective, make AGT a great place to work and grow your career.
Talented employees are the key to our success. We recognise and reward performance and provide training and growth opportunities for high performing individuals. Our culture and our contribution to industry makes AGT a highly desirable employer.
About the role
Join us as a Glasshouse Technician and you will be located at our world class Southern Crop Breeding Centre located in Roseworthy, South Australia. This state-of-the-art development showcases the very best in plant breeding facilities and technology.
We are looking for hardworking and friendly personable applicants with a “Can do” attitude. You will need to be able to follow instruction and protocols and be happy to ask questions when you do not understand or need more information. Showing initiative is valued, as is excellent communication skills, eye for detail, problem solving skills and the ability to work as part of a team. Aptitude and willingness to learn is a definite requirement.
- Assisting with planting, cross pollination and harvest of cross hybridisation programs
- Working with several broad acre crop species within a high-tech glasshouse and controlled environment facilities.
- Day to day operation of growing facilities, including automated climate control, LED grow light control, nutrient requirements, pest and disease control and irrigation schedules
- Plant tissue sampling for DNA analysis
- Other tasks as required
- Following of “best management” practices to maintain healthy plants in a glasshouse and artificial environment
If you have an understanding of broadacre field crops, a love of plants and a passion for experimentation, research and development then this could be the role for you. Studies in agriculture or horticulture would be viewed favourably.
Submit your application including your resume and cover letter via Seek.com.au
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia